As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun.
And in the morning
We shall remember them.
By: Laurence Binyon
COME UP FROM THE FIELDS, FATHER
Lo, ’tis autumn,
Down in the fields all prospers well,
Open the envelope quickly,
Ah, now the single figure to me,
Alas, poor boy, he will never be better (nor maybe
But the mother needs to be better,
I’m always up for a good laugh, but not when Presidential Candidates make a mockery of the democratic process. The commentators on VH1’s Best Week Ever remarked that Americans witnessed the end of democracy when Senators Clinton, Obama, and McCain made appearances (via satellite) on WWE. So I ask the candidates if they would consider a few more challenges? How far out of the box (or out of their minds) are they willing to go to get our votes? I drafted the following memo of future suggestions:
TO: The 2008 Presidential Candidates
FROM: An American Citizen and Registered Voter
SUBJECT: How far will you go to Get My Vote?
Thank you for participating in the latest WWE match aired on the USA network. Your appearances generated hope for Americans that you three will go to great lengths to make us want you to be our next president. How much farther are you willing to go? I have generated a list of possibilities for your consideration:
1) WWE will have a rematch at the Democratic National Convention. At the Republican Convention, John McCain, Ron Paul, and Mike Huckabee will hold a Dance Dance Revolution contest. The Independents will celebrate Earth Day again.
2) The Electoral College will be comprised of veterans, inner-city high school teachers, and Oprah’s Book Club.
4) The Inaugural Ball parties will focus on honoring the men and women who serve or have served in our armed forces. Note to VP: You will be required to serve punch.
3) Military bands will now be playing at the funerals of fallen soldiers and at US airports to officially welcome our soldiers home. If you insist that someone play Hail to the Chief when you walk in a room, hire your own DJ.
4) Televised debates are annoying, so the next debates will be between Nationally Syndicated Talk Radio hosts. This time you candidates will ask the questions and the media will just shut up for once.
5) The American taxpayers will no longer furnish your private apartments in the White House. You may bring your own furniture, or buy furniture off of Craig’s List like everyone else.
6) The exterior of the White House will remain white, but inside it’s all green, baby! (No more indoor plumbing).
8) All flights on Air Force One must be corporate sponsored. I have to find money to pay for fuel, so why shouldn’t you?
9) Official speeches will be written by local 7th and 8th grade winners of the Power of the Pen contest.
10) The Department of Education will change to the Department of Homeland Citizenship (DHC). The DHC will be responsible for helping immigrants pass the citizenship test and receive the documents they need to go to college. You will have to trust elected officials of state and local government take responsibility of public education.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Cc: American Public
Come for the tea. Stay for the shade.
Stumbling around in search of a creed that gives a sh*t about the planet.
A blog about the life and fashions of a plus-size woman.
Raising Awareness of the Captive Orca Industry
You fail only if you stop writing.
Suffering from an addiction to the ridiculous real housewives? You've come to the right place
Where Reality TV meets Real Life
Reflections on the South in Popular Culture
Stuff and things.
WordPress.com is the best place for your personal blog or business site.